Summer time screams refreshing beverages and I found a great recipe I modified for you to try. If you love lemonade, wine, fruit then you will love this sangria.
It is very easy to make and you likely have all the ingredients around the house already. No judging here – I had them too 😉 We love to sip on this at night after a long day in the sun! Remember we are currently at our property where long days and hard work go hand in hand.
- Bottle of white wine (pinot grigio is what I used – if you want real sweet try a moscato or for a little sweet try a sauvignon blanc)
- Light rum (2/3 c)
- Lemonade (I used a Crystal Light packet and made it for mixing) (1/2 gallon or to your taste)
- Orange (1 whole sliced)
- Granny Smith Apple (1 whole sliced)
- Raspberries (1/2 c)
Shop the ingredients:
Add wine to pitcher then combine rum. Add lemonade and garnish with fruit. Chill for at least one hour. Sangria tastes best when extremely cold. If you can’t wait add a ton of ice, but know that you will not have the infusion of all the fruit yet!
Shop serving pieces:
If you want to add a summer flare to the drink consider one of the following additions to your sangria:
Shop the sugar mix:
- Try rimming your glass with a sugar mix. You can zest your orange or a lemon. Combine the sugar and zest. Then use the juice of the orange to rim your glass before dipping glass into sugar mix.
- Add a dash or two of grenadine.
Voila! A summer beverage that will leave you cool, calm, and refreshed!
If you try this let me know how you like it. I would love to hear your thoughts!