Hoppy almost Easter! As we near the big day the kids are prepping for the holiday. Today we are dying Easter eggs. I did not pick up a kit (oops) so here is a quick tutorial on how to do it at home with items in your pantry!
What you need:
- food coloring
First, you need to hardboil the eggs. Bring a pan of salted water to a rolling boil. Once boiling add your eggs and set a timer for 15 minutes. When the timer sounds remove the eggs and quickly shock them in cold water. If and when you eat the shell should remove easily!
Shop my kitchen essentials below:
Here is a similar tissue paper bunny that you can purchase online too!
Now on to the creative part!
- You will need to mix 1/2 cup boiling water, 1 teaspoon vinegar and 10 to 20 drops food color in a cup to achieve the desired colors.
- Repeat the process for each color you need.
- If you want to add a design use a light colored crayon to draw the pattern you want.
- You will then dip the hard-boiled eggs in dye for about 5 minutes.
- TIP – Use a spoon or tongs to add and remove eggs from the dye.
There you have it! Beautiful handcrafted Easter eggs to celebrate the season! We are going to make cascarones tomorrow. I will share my DIY for that in the am!
Have a great day and talk to you soon!